March 19, 2008
TULSA, OK - Dollar Rent A Car, a subsidiary of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. (NYSE: DTG), recently unveiled a redesigned website, DOLLAR.com, a more robust version of the company's award-winning web site.
"As Dollar.com is our #1 distribution channel, any changes to the customer experience is given intense internal and external scrutiny," said Charlie Coniglio, vice president of E-commerce and Global Distribution for Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. "We spent months in the research and design phases to ensure that the overall customer experience would be improved upon. We have been thrilled with our metrics to date, especially the ratio of visitors to people making reservations, which has gone up significantly."
Among the enhancements to DOLLAR.com:
- "All Cars" inventory display: At a single glance, customers will be able to see all of the cars and associated rates at a given location on the specified pick-up date. This will allow consumers to make the best travel decision given their preferences and unique circumstances.
- "Specials" are easier than ever to find. Consumers can quickly search for specials unique to their destination city without having to cull through lengthy lists.
- New intuitive tools help users find locations and dates easier and more quickly than before. Predictive search capabilities allow users to enter their desired location into the location "search" field; by the third letter, all location matches are displayed and the customer can select from among the available offerings.
- Dollar EXPRESS enrollment simplified. Signing up for this express rental program has never been easier. With an expedited enrollment process, Dollar EXPRESS members will enjoy the convenience of quicker reservations, rentals and returns.
- Corporate "landing" pages. These pages can be tailored to specific companies that have established a corporate account with DOLLAR. Included on these pages is a reservation booking engine with their own specially-negotiated corporate rates, Dollar EXPRESS sign-up for special negotiated benefits and other specials.
In support of the relaunch effort, Dollar purchased a new content management system provided by Sitecore, a leader in .Net content management systems. DTG also contracted with Roundedcube, an end-to-end web technology firm, to assist in building new templates for DOLLAR.com and easing the migration of data into the new content management system.
"In the rapidly changing e-commerce market, we have to utilize both internal and external resources to maximize efficiency and deliver a stellar experience in DOLLAR.com," said Coniglio. "Partnering with Sitecore and Roundedcube enabled us to deliver a vastly-improved website in a quick-to-market manner."
The new framework for DOLLAR.com is being supplied by Sitecore, the leading provider of .NET Web Content Management System and portal software. Thousands of public and private organizations, including national governments and Fortune 500 companies, utilize Sitecore solutions for their websites. These organizations have created and now manage over 5,000 dynamic websites with Sitecore including Microsoft, Sara Lee, Siemens, Toshiba, Omni Hotels, Computer Associates, WebTrends and the Atlanta Falcons.
About Dollar Rent-A-Car
Dollar has more than 535 worldwide locations in 48 countries, with a significant presence in Canada, the Caribbean and Latin America, including more than 250 in the United States. Dollar serves the value-conscious traveler and is a subsidiary of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc., a Fortune 1000 Company headquartered in Tulsa, Okla. For additional information, visit www.dtag.com or www.dollar.com. The project will encompass the strategy, design and implementation phases of creating a single content management platform and cohesive brand identity for the company's multi-national operations.
comments powered by