How to Choose the Right Mobile Solution for Your Company
Olivia De Priest
June 24, 2015
User Experience Design
As mobile traffic continues to increase and Google begins to prioritize its search rankings, it’s more imperative than ever to have a website that is strategically optimized for mobile. Here at Roundedcube, our clients include companies and organizations from a wide variety of industries, in many different sizes and structures. And just as with the desktop experience, one size definitely does not fit all. The good news is that there are numerous options when it comes to mobile. One of our top priorities is to work closely with each of our clients to determine the best fitting mobile solution for their organization and their audience.
Three Types of Mobile Solutions
When our clients are in need of a new mobile website (not an app), we focus on three types of solutions:
- Responsive Retrofit – Based on current desktop designs, the retrofit can be done on a short timeline and for a lower price point than other options.
- Adaptive Design – Based on unique mobile layouts and designs, this option is great if your website has ecommerce or special customizations. However, this option can take a little more time than a retrofit and will cost more.
- Responsive Design – A full Responsive Design consists on an entirely redesigned website with a focus on an optimal user experience across all devices.
Four Questions to Determine the Right Mobile Solution for Your Company
Before design ideas start flowing, it’s important to strategically choose the right solution.
Want to find out what solution is right for you? Start with our Mobile Decision Tree shown below. If you have questions or would like more information about our mobile offerings, reach out!
- Is your website’s use case unique to mobile? For example, does your site have e-commerce capabilities?
- How much of your traffic is mobile?
- What is your ideal timeline? Is there urgency for a mobile solution?
- What’s your budget?
Download the Mobile Decision Tree
comments powered by